X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: update-notifier-kde -d

Originally posted by Nate
    assett, did you update from 7.10 to 9.10? I'm pretty sure the update-notifier-kde -d command is designed to upgrade from 9.04 only.

Originally posted by assettt
    Did it 2 days ago and went horribly wrong. Downloaded the updates quite fast and as someone said, it took a while to install but when i restarted I had many errors shown on the screen and after kde loaded my mouse was frozen. Second reboot failed with bad blocks on my / partition then subsequently grub gave up on me as well. I have reinstalled kubuntu 7.10 and happily my /home is intact. I'll wait for the RC or release version before installing 9.10.
    I upgraded from 9.04 to 9.10 and as I said it failed. Sadly all the upgrades since 8.04 will not install on my laptop and the only way to install any debian based distro I can install is 7.10 and then work my way up.

Comment

Re: update-notifier-kde -d

Originally posted by Nate
      assett, did you update from 7.10 to 9.10? I'm pretty sure the update-notifier-kde -d command is designed to upgrade from 9.04 only.

Did it 2 days ago and went horribly wrong. Downloaded the updates quite fast and as someone said, it took a while to install but when i restarted I had many errors shown on the screen and after kde loaded my mouse was frozen. Second reboot failed with bad blocks on my / partition then subsequently grub gave up on me as well. I have reinstalled kubuntu 7.10 and happily my /home is intact. I'll wait for the RC or release version before installing 9.10.
      I upgraded from 9.04 to 9.10 and as I said it failed. Sadly all the upgrades since 8.04 will not install on my laptop and the only way to install any debian based distro I can install is 7.10 and then work my way up.
      Ok. cannot wait until the final version is released so installed the beta today. Went smoothly and everything works well, even knetworkmanager sees my network but failed to connect because it needed a password for the kdewallet and was refusing my normal (the only one I use) password. Downloaded wicd and as usual great connection manager.
      Even better the blue lights on my wireless PCMCIA card are on,... happy days.

Comment

Working...
      X