This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTC to local time graphical interface

I have been looking for somewhere to switch from UTC to local time for my system.

I can change the time zone, but I couldn't find anywhere to tell the computer that it was set to local time, vs. UTC.

I then searched and manually edited the file /etc/default/rcS

to change

UTC=no

That's not too hard, but when installing and setting it up, it would be nice to see a nice little box that says "UTC" or "local" or something.

I thought that used to be an option, and maybe I just missed it this time.

I also tried the configure the digital clock settings, and at the bottom of the "time zones" menu was a box that says "clock defaults to" but it was grayed out. Maybe that is an administrator setting - but I'm not sure how to get there from the menu.

Re: UTC to local time graphical interface

See man hwclock for information on setting the hardware and system clocks.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: UTC to local time graphical interface

Thanks,

I think that is one step above editing the file by hand.

However, I am thinking that in previous versions, whenever the select time zone screen came up during an install, there was a nice little box that said "clock is UTC" or something. Either click it or don't.

Takes all the guesswork out of what is happening to the clock.

With a dual boot to 9.04, whenever I would go back to 9.10 after a quick boot into 9.04, the boot screen would always drop down to a shell saying "partition was last accessed at hh:mm:ss, which is in the future" and make me run fsck to fix it.

now that I have it at local time for both, that won't happen.

An option at install would be nice.

Comment

Working...
      X