X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sound doesn't work in firefox!!

Hello,

I have an ATI graphics card that has a HDMI connector, kde in kubuntu sees this as a sound card; under KDE I was able to specify the real sound card I have (an Audigy) as the preferred sound device so all KDE related sounds play correctly, but firefox doesn't work, the sound is not working (for example, youtube videos don't play with sound).

Anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Toshiro

Re: sound doesn't work in firefox!!

I have the same problem.
    Any solutions?
    Fat_lu is in tha house!

Comment

I got around this by disabling my onboard sound card and only using audio via HDMI from my tv
      Not the greatest solution obviously , but the problem seem to be in flash itself not being able to (or being somehow prevented from) use the correct audio settings. Searching for this flash/firefox/sound problem brings up a metric butt-load of hits, and even a lot of possible solutions to try - from creating/editing an asoundconf file (no go here) to installing the dreaded pulseaudio (this allowed Boxee's audio to work for me -- lots of flash-based content)

One thing I just thought of is also the possibility of disabling hdmi audio altogether - via a custom xorg.conf file

Assuming the use of fglrx drivers :
      edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf and change this line:
      Code:
      Option    "Audio"     "true"
      to
      Code:
      Option    "Audio"     "false"
      and restart your xserver. This should remove the HDMI sound interface and perhaps firefox and flash will use the other sound card.

You might also want to disable any on-board audio cards from within your bios so only the Audigy is present. Note this alone does not disable audio over HDMI.

Comment

Try this:
        click on Audio icon in taskbar, click on "mixer", raise bar on PCM

Comment

Working...
        X