X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB 3.5" Floppy drive

Interesting how things work.

I still use sneaker net for at least one of our computers - it runs DOS, has no network connection. So I have a USB 3.5" Floppy drive on a networked computer for communication with it.

Under 9.04, the drive worked fine. Shove in a floppy, the drive whirred and the disk was mounted and ready for use.

Then came 9.10. Shove the disk into the drive and nothing happened. Unplug the USB connection and re-plug and then the drive whirred and the disk was mounted and ready for use. No big deal and I personally wouldn't even know where to begin looking to understand what wasn't working.

Now comes the latest kernal update for 9.10. I needed to communicate with that old computer again and was expecting the unplug/re-plug routine, I shove in a disk, the drive whirred and the disk was mounted and was ready to use.

Funny how things eventually work out.

Maybe somebody else had the problem and knew how to fix it or, more likely, somebody fixed/changed something somewhere and the unintended consequence was to fix the USB floppy drive problem
Working...
X