X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 9.10 do not read my audio cds.

Hi, I have some troubles with kubuntu.
    It do not read my audio cds.
    When I put one in my dvd unit, amarok show me it but with zero track! Instead, Dolphin show me this error message:
    Code:
    Could not read
    or something of similar...
    My pc have two dvds/cds unit, and I have kubuntu 9.10 with kde 4.4 and amarok 2.2.2....
    I have this problem with every kubuntu version. With ubuntu (and gnome) everything is ok, why?
    Can you help me please?

Re: Kubuntu 9.10 do not read my audio cds.

Have you checked System Settings/Advanced/Audio-CD's?

Comment

Originally posted by Luigi
      My pc have two dvds/cds unit,
      This is likely to problem. One of the units is probably IDE and the other SATA. If that is true, this is a known problem with Kubuntu - mixed IDE/STATA drives in the system.

I think that dibl has dealt with this and has provided suggested solutions.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Have you checked System Settings/Advanced/Audio-CD's?
        Yes, I have checked it, but I have not solved my problem...
        I think that dibl has dealt with this and has provided suggested solutions.
        Sorry, but, I have not understood what you would like to say me.
        dibl is an user of this forum? there is a post with solution?
        This is likely to problem. One of the units is probably IDE and the other SATA. If that is true, this is a known problem with Kubuntu - mixed IDE/STATA drives in the system
        Yes, I think so too...

Comment

I have seen and resolved problems installing *buntu on a computer with a mix of IDE and SATA hard drives. But I'm not sure I've seen problems with mixed optical drives. I would suggest trying some experiments to figure out what is going on:

- disconnect one of them (just the power connector) and then play with your CDs and see what you learn
          - reconnect the first, and disconnect the other one, and " " " " " " " " " "

Look in BIOS at the IDE channels and the SATA channels. Do you have choices of which channels to use for the drives? Do the channels show "modes"? Maybe you can try some different arrangements.

Also, I abandoned Amarok long ago (not entirely Amarok's problem ... long story about the organization of my digital music and Amarok's "expectations") and I use alsaplayer for playing music. VLC is another good one. You might try some experiments with other players and see whether they have the same problem that Amarok has.

Hope this helps ...

Comment

I have seen simaler behavure on a box with 2 opticall drives .......dolphin wouldent see the cd's and amarok wouldent eather..........BUT VLC and K3b would .......K3b no problem's ......but for VLC to see the second drive you must manualey change /dev/sr0 to /dev/sr1 in the media>open disk>disk device dialog box.

then it will play from the second disk drive!

slopey work aroud but I havent found (or looked for) a better solution yet

VINNY
            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
            16GB RAM
            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
            X