Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

driver for Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc R700 Audio Device [Radeon HD 4000?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

driver for Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc R700 Audio Device [Radeon HD 4000?

Hallo:

I've bought an HP Pavilion Entertainment PC, dv6-2026es.

When I do a lscpi, I find my sound card:
    - Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc R700 Audio Device [Radeon HD 4000 Series]
    - Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)

I've followed instructions of:
    https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu...question/82178
    Now I've sound on mplayer, amarok, ... but not in Firefox.

Any idea?
    Thanks

Re: driver for Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc R700 Audio Device [Radeon HD 4000?

first off check you mixer values....
    right click on the speaker icon in your tray (its near the clock). check to be sure that you don't have the output muted or very low.(turn them all up and see if it works. then.. if so find out what control it is).
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Re: driver for Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc R700 Audio Device [Radeon HD 4000?

I've already checked that.

I think it's a driver problem (as you can see, i'd to download and compile Alsa driver). But don't know how to solve Firefox sound problem.

Thanks

Comment

are you tring to get sound from the HDMI?, i have a r700 based video card (hd4830), i have never tested the hdmi (nothing to use it with).

if you using the regular sound output(maybe even w/ the hdmi) and its only firefox , i had issues with flash not playing sound when i had pulseaudio installed, i would suggest if you have it installed then you should remove it and see if that helps you.

Comment

Problem Solved:
          After uninstalling pulse audio, sound works on Firefox.

Thanks

Comment

Comment

No HDMI sound on ATI Technologies Inc R700 Audio Device

No all problems solved.

I use the laptop to watch video on TV. So I use a HDMI connection.

Videos is displayed fine. but NO SOUND WITH HDMI connection.

Pleas, can any tell me what can I do for solving problem of sound on HDMI.

Thanks

Comment

have you checked the kmix area to see if there is an hdmi volume slider.

Comment

Yes, I've enabled all channels.

I don't know if its a problem of driver. I've compiled it as it's sayd in the post:
                  https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu...question/82178

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Comment

i have never tried to use the hdmi output of my card, i don't have a device to use it with , sorry
                    have you check the ati driver wiki ?

EDIT:: wiki can be found @
                    http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Main_Page

Comment

The alsamixer(gui) is another good tool for solving audio problems.

Comment

Working...
                      X