This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NVIDIA FULLBLAST FAN AFTER GAME FIX!

Hello! I was noticing after playing etqw, my fan ran at fullspeed. I suspect most of you are having the same problem. Even nvidia onboard motherboards. I'm posting my notes. They work..give or take a few lines.
    download the latest driver from nvidia and do this. after downloading, make sure you right click on the file and go to properties and permissions and check "is executable"
    #sudo apt-get remove nvidia-kernel-common

#sudo cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.backup
    #sudo apt-get install build-essential linux-headers-`uname -r`
    #sudo apt-get install linux-source

reboot pc and go into recovery and use root mode. then cd into the location of the nvidia binary installer. execute with ./filename.run let it configure x and reboot. Now you are done.

these steps are if you dont want to boot up but i didnt use it.
    #sudo /etc/init.d/kdm stop
    #sudo modprobe -r nvidia
    #sudo depmod -a
    #sudo /etc/init.d/kdm start

I have a GTS250 and the latest drivers spin down my gpu fan after gameplay. The default driver from kubuntu does not. It runs it stuck on fullblast after gameplay. Everything works.

I also have vsync fix and play high definition videos fine with sync working and also I have flash video playback fix and play hulu, vimeo, youtube videos fine with no video tearing at all. Ill post those later on and on a different thread.

Re: NVIDIA FULLBLAST FAN AFTER GAME FIX!

Hey thanks for posting this. I too was having this issue with the driver that came with 9.10. I solved this issue by installing the 195 driver from NVIDIA website.

Comment

Working...
    X