This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resuming from suspend

I've got the problem that sometimes when I resume my laptop from suspend then KDE freezes. The screensaver opens up and works properly, but the login dialog doesn't show up when I press any key or move/click the mouse. Switching to console and restarting KDM works, though.

As I said, it doesn't happen always. I tried in different situations, and it only seems to happen when it suspends automatically while running from battery, then resume when it's back on power.

I'm using a Lenovo 3000 C200 laptop and Kubuntu 9.10.

So where should I file a bug? To Ubuntu or to KDE?

Re: Resuming from suspend

As a rough guess to Ubuntu. This could be a problem in the suspend scripts, kernel, acpi, xorg, who knows. I would probably start with the suspend scripts or power management. Please keep in mind that you need to provide a way to reproduce the bug, otherwise you'll be able to file the bug but it is not very likely that anything useful will come out of it ...

Please see here for more:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs

Thanks!

Comment

Re: Resuming from suspend

I have a similar issue. When resuming from suspend the screen-saver is on top and occasionally you can glimpse the outline of the login prompt just before the screen save activates. Moving the mouse or hitting a key will not dismiss the screen-saver but if I login blind (assume the) login window is there and enter my password it goes to my desktop. Using OpenGL screensaver and Kubun contionutu PPA repositories but have had this issue since my initial Karmic install and continuing when I enabled the Ubuntu backport repositories till now.

Comment

Working...
      X