This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB devices not always recognized

Here´s the thing. I have a ZTE MF626 3G modem, and I can say that it works perfectly with 9.10... IF it gets recognized when I plug it.

Sometimes, whenever I plug the modem, even though the lights turn on, it doesn´t get recognized. I thought that it was a modem problem, so switched back to XP, and it works without a problem there. SO, back in karmic, tried it again, and no joy. When I was doing that, i needed some files from my usb memory stick, so I plugged it, and it didn´t got recognized, either! Obviously, I didn´t had this problems in 9.04

After rebboting several times, it finally got recognized again, and everything works ok. But, the moment I restart/reboot, the problem arises again, requiring some other boots, to make it work.

And it´s not that I don want to reboot or anything, but, also, whenever I try to reboot or restart, the system hangs, so, it´s a bit tedious to keep doing it.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Frank.

Re: USB devices not always recognized

I've had the same problem. I find it only happens at the login screen so I've disabled it for now. Once I'm logged in it works perfectly.

Comment

Re: USB devices not always recognized

Originally posted by francsal

whenever I try to reboot or restart, the system hangs
      Hmmmmmmm -- that should not happen. I wonder -- maybe the USB issue is not the most serious one. If you have a boot menu, you can press "e" in the first 10 seconds that it is highlighted, then backspace over the "splash" and "quiet" options, and then press Enter and boot it that way, it will show boot messages. It would be interesting to know what is hanging -- that may affect your USB connectivity, among other things.

Comment

Working...
      X