This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having minor issues with soundcard HDA Intel Realtek ALC268

Everytime I boot my computer i have to mute the sound and then unmute it from kmix to get it working..

And when booting there is a tick in the speakers..

Anyone with similar problems??

KUBUNTU 9.10 Alpha3 64Bit

Re: Having minor issues with soundcard HDA Intel Realtek ALC268

New troubles the old problems stays and after todays updates the master volume defaults to 100% after every boot.. Not anyone with the same problems or anyone that can help finding out if this is a bug or what.. I mean it worked with 9.04

Comment

Right mouse on the Speaker icon, chose "show mixer window". From the mixer window click "settings" and from that click "Configure Kmix". On that dialog check the box which says "Restore volumes on login".
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Restore volumes on login is already checked.. So its not that.. Any more suggestions??

Comment

Ok, let's backup a bit. You say although it gave a "tick" on boot up the sound was working on 9.04 until the software update? Your "Master" slider may be set anywhere between the bottom and top of the slider, but it won't mean anything if PCM is set higher than 0 and, perhaps, you check a "capture" checkbox and run that capture slider up somewhat. You might also try headphones and see if sound is coming out of them when you play a test file.

My Sony VAIO VGN-FW140E/H has that sound chip and

asoundconf list

returns:
          "Intel"

What does that command return for yours?

Also supply what
          cat /proc/asound/modules
          returns.

You should also check that you and root are members of the following groups, which you can check in System/KUsers, since these sometimes are removed with updates.
          pulse
          pulse-rt
          pulse-access

Check the sound driver sequences in SystemSettings --> Multimedia. You can move HDA Intel ACL268 to the top of the list.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Code:
            henric@henric-laptop:~$ asoundconf list
            bash: asoundconf: kommando hittades inte

Code:
            henric@henric-laptop:~$ cat /proc/asound/modules
             0 snd_hda_intel
            I do only find the groups pulse and pulse-access and no im not a member of these groups.

(Added myself and root now)

Capture isnt checked.

And sorry for my bad english I do have sound here in 9.10 but to "start" the sound so it works i have to check the mute master box and then unmute and voila i have sound.. At startup and when starting applications that plays sound I get a nasty tick out of the speakers.. And I do use the hearplug all the time (external speakers)

Checked the volume under startup now and at first when i get the desktop the volume is at its last level but sometime during the startup of the desktop the sound jumps to 100% and mutes the headphones..

Should do a reboot later today and test if joining the pulse groups made anything better..

Comment

Ok struggling with this annoying little issues yet but i will wait and se when 9.10 gets released if troubles still there i will nag some more..

Comment

Working...
              X