X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[solved] No Sound

Hi,

today after some updates and a reboot Kde Sound System complained about my sound card stopped working.

After trying alsamixer as a normal user it couldn't find a sound card, thereafter did the same with SU and it worked.
    So it must be a permissions problem - if any of you guys have the same problem all i had to do is to add myself to the the "audio" group in /etc/group and logout.

Best Wishes.
    Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description: Ubuntu Trusty Tahr (development branch)
    Release: 14.04
    Codename: trusty

Re: [solved] No Sound

Ahh, you beat me to it, had the same problem and just finished solving it essentially the same way. (After removing and reinstalling the sound card, and a bunch of other hassles.)

If my internet hadn't been down, I probably would have seen your post and fixed it much sooner, but it happens.

While your at it, you may want to re-add yourself to video and shadow groups as well.

Seems to have forgot my group memberships.

-Andy
    "No theory, no ready-made system, no book that has ever been written will save the world. I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker." - Mikhail Bakunin

Comment

Re: [solved] No Sound

Hi,

I've already.
      These things seems to be related to package upgrades and permissions, maybe udev rights?

Thanks
      Distributor ID: Ubuntu
      Description: Ubuntu Trusty Tahr (development branch)
      Release: 14.04
      Codename: trusty

Comment

Working...
      X