This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

resume standby issue

My son has kubuntu 9.04 on an Compaq NC4000 laptop, Kubuntu is working great with the exception of when he closes the lid, on reopening it shows a flash of the desktop and then nothing a blank screen. He has to power it off and reboot to be able to use the laptop.
    I have gone through the suggestions of the 'power settings' but nothing so far has worked.
    The laptop itself has a small button [pin] on the left side, that when pressed down causes the same effect. There is nothing in the bios to disable it.

Any ideas?

Re: resume standby issue

Check the Power Management settings for what happens when the laptop lid is closed.

K > System Settings > Advanced > Power Management > Edit Profiles > Profile Management

Look at what is to happen for When laptop lid is closed for:

Powersave
    Performance
    Aggressive Powersave
    Xtreme Powersave
    Presentation

It's very likely that the problem you are having is due to the action being Suspend to RAM or Lock Screen. You can change the action by clicking on the action button and select something else. In you case, I would change it to Turn Off Screen and then test it and see if the exhibited problem is no more.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: resume standby issue

Thanks; I will try it.

I have also downloaded the Netbook edition and will see if there are any differences in there.
      I can swap to a different HD and install the netbook version and see if that helps.
      But the settings look the same.

Comment

Working...
      X