This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to have jaunty fork itself?

So I recently downgraded from 9.10 to 9.04. I'd been having problems with timeout errors on 9.10 and the Ubuntu guy at my ISP suggested 9.04. So I came to 9.04, and merry Christmas to me! More problems.

Now whenever I try to use Kpackageget to look up anything that isn't already installed in 9.04 I get an error message telling me I "Need to fork!" How do I do this?

Also I'm sorry if this is answered somewhere else but I did a search for "Fork" and found nothing that answered my question.

Re: I need to have jaunty fork itself?

Earlier with the Kubuntu 9.04 > Re: (Solved) Problems with installing VLC - unsatisfied dependencies:
    A problem that we were not expecting has occured...
    The backend took too much time to process the synchronous request-you need to fork !
    There was a bug > Bug #272410: packagekit says: The backend took too much time to process the synchronous request - you need to fork!. It's status is now "Fix Released".

About KPackageKit

There are many package managers > FAQ: Package Managers. The KPackageKit is under heavy development but as a developer told (> Re: KpackageKit working?? No updates coming in!!! ):
    If you are a volunteer and have got a demanding daily work an half year isn't much time...
    Another option with the graphical front-end > Synaptic and the Kubuntu
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Re: I need to have jaunty fork itself?

I suggest Adept as an alternative to Synaptic, Its just as good and is built for KDE
      so it integrates well.
      Also as an afterthought I am guessing you will have to fork to install it too haha
      So use
      Code:
      sudo apt-get install adept
      on a terminal to install it,
      lets see if it works
      Jesus is Real &= GOD, unless you declare him an Integer.

Comment

Working...
      X