X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distribution upgrade process exited with code 127

Hello to all Kubuntu users,
    I can't upgrade to Karmic Koala because of this Error that i got in KPackagekit "Distribution upgrade process exited with code 127" Im newbie and i dont know how to solve this problem. and also i got this blocked updates in Kpackagekit which stated 14 blocked updates.

I love to use kubuntu but it keep me worried about the bugs here and there which i found Ubuntu more suitable to use for newbie like me.

Can someone help me to solved this problem and explain it to me in a Dumb way(kubuntu for dummies, LOL!!!)

Thanks in advance for those of u who response this topic.

Peace.....

Re: Distribution upgrade process exited with code 127

I installed synaptic and used it to get blocked updates. Don't know about "code 127" sorry

Comment

It is likely that your sources.list file did not get modified for the upgrade to Karmic. If that is the case, you need to edit it (as root) and change all 'jaunty' references with 'karmic'. Save the file, then perform a sudo apt-get update from a console. You should then be able to continue normally.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by nazmieski
        Hello to all Kubuntu users,
        I can't upgrade to Karmic Koala because of this Error that i got in KPackagekit "Distribution upgrade process exited with code 127"
        Can someone help me to solved this problem and explain it to me in a Dumb way(kubuntu for dummies, LOL!!!)
        I am also in the same position, and wonder if their is a safe solution. I also had some blocked updates, and when I tried the various options of sudo apt-get, sudo act-get version-update loaded the blocked items (kernel and DNS updates) And when typed a second time just said everything was up to date.

Getting the blocked items installed means that the Yellow-green Gear is no longer showing in my system tray.

IS there official support for using apt-get to do a release update? if so where is this documented, I have been using computers for far too long and so I get nervous when someone says just edit whatzit.foo

Is there a definition of what error 127 means?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
          It is likely that your sources.list file did not get modified for the upgrade to Karmic. If that is the case, you need to edit it (as root) and change all 'jaunty' references with 'karmic'. Save the file, then perform a sudo apt-get update from a console. You should then be able to continue normally.
          I've been having the same issue with the "Error code 127", but I haven't tried this yet. Thanks! I'll try it in the morning.
          Sony Vaio VGN NR260E<br />Linux Kubuntu 9.04\Windoze 7 Professional<br /><br />Sony Vaio VPCF1190X<br />Linux Kubuntu 10.04/Windoze 7 Home Premium<br /><br />Linux user #478627

Comment

I'm having this problem in Karmic trying to update to Lucid. Tried updating my sources to lucid instead of Karmic, but that didn't help completely. In recognizing it needs to reload the database, it does most of that but then says something about cannot find an AMD64 something or other file in backports. I restarted to fiddle with it later, and booting up with everything saying lucid in the sources, it's back to the 127 error, and I can't remember exactly what the AMD64 file was.

Any suggestions, or should I just wait for the Lucid install CD to download and start over with that?

Comment

Working...
            X