This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streaming Linux audio to XBox 360

I'm interested in streaming all audio from my Kubuntu box to my Xbox 360 (e.g. Pandora, Amarok, etc.). It seems to me that I need some combination of PulseAudio to get the audio onto the network and a UPnP AV MediaServer to make it visible to the XBox 360.

So I've got PulseAudio installed and it seems to be working. I can see activity in the volume meter. Now, I assume I should use the RTP module to serve the audio onto the network, since the other network modules (native, ESOUND, and simple) seem aimed at serving only PulseAudio and ESOUND clients. But is there an XBox 360-compatible AV server that can act as a proxy for an RTP stream? I've tried TwonkeyMedia, XBMC, and MediaTomb, but none of them seem capable of this. TwonkeyMedia can stream Shoutcast, so I know this kind of thing is possible in principle.

Any ideas? Or is there a simpler way to do what I'm trying to do?

Re: Streaming Linux audio to XBox 360

Rob,

vlc is supposed to have easy streaming built in. But, I must say, I tried a couple times and failed. There are a couple howtos on the net but they didn't help me, maybe I missed something silly. That might be worth a try ...

What I do, instead, is to share the media files in samba shares, but of course this is different.

Comment

Working...
    X