This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Python issue

Recently I installed emesene 1.5.1 on my Kubuntu jaunty, when I installed the deb package it asked me to install "python-support (>= 0.90.0)" package, so I did. This made my new emesene to work, but some python application in KDE stop working correctly, for example the printer configuration. When I open it this message appears.

The service "printer configuration" provides no interface "KCModule" with the keyword "system-config-printer-kde/system-config-printer-kde.py"

Also I tried to upgrade to the new kubuntu version by using the command
    sudo update-notifier-kde -u

This throws the following message

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/update-notifier-kde", line 34, in <module>
    import dbus.mainloop.qt
    ImportError: No module named qt

This issue started when I installed that python support package. I've been reading and this things are somehow related to python 2.6, and the solutions that worked for most people don't work for me. These are reinstalling python-qt4-dbus and installin python-dev packages.
    Does someone knows what can be happening?

Re: Python issue

It feels as if you may have had python upgraded to a newer (incompatible with jaunty) version? Not sure really what happened

I am on karmic now, and Kopete has a WLM plugin built in. Have you tried that? Is it there in Jaunty?

What's your output for this command (in konsole, here I attach mine, again, from karmic, but it may give a clue)
    Code:
    lmilano@grisell:~$ dpkg -l |grep python |grep -i qt
    ii python-qt4                 4.6-1                   Python bindings for Qt4
    ii python-qt4-dbus              4.6-1                   DBus Support for PyQt4
    ii python-qt4-phonon             4.6-1                   Python bindings for Phonon

Comment

Re: Python issue

I also believe is something with python, but not sure what. Already tried reinstalling a bunch of python things.

Code:
      markez@Teresa:~$ dpkg -l |grep python |grep -i qt
      ii python-qt4                 4.4.4-2ubuntu6              Python bindings for Qt4
      ii python-qt4-common             4.4.4-2ubuntu6              Shared files for PyQt4
      ii python-qt4-dbus              4.4.4-2ubuntu6              DBus Support for PyQt4

Comment

Working...
      X