This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wallpapers changes are not saved after logout

I have Jaunty with KDE 4.3.2. I change my wallpaper via desktop settings and works fine. However, upon logging out or restarting, the wallpaper changes are not saved and I end up with the old wallpaper. In Session Manager and Logout Settings I have enabled: "Restore Previous Settings." All other session settings changes are saved after logout except the wallpaper. Anyone has an idea how to fix this?

Re: Wallpapers changes are not saved after logout

The KDE and KDE applications are saving the settings to the ~/.kde/share/config when you log out. When you log in the applications are reading the settings from there.

Sometimes, when the KDE application setting files are damaged the KDE can't save the settings or read them. In those cases it helps if you rename or move the original file or files. The KDE will write new setting files with the default values.

This will reset all plasma setting to the default - the KDE 4 is using the plasma to show the wallpapers.

Shut the plasma-desktop (KDE 4.3) down (konsole):
    Code:
    kquitapp plasma-desktop
    You could still use the applications that are not using the plasma: Dolphin, Konqueror, Konsole, ...

Rename/move the:
    - plasma-desktop-appletsrc
    - plasma-desktoprc
    - plasmarc

Restart the plasma-desktop (konsole):
    Code:
    plasma-desktop
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment