X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to build Mesa 3D 7.6

Hi everyone,

i'm wanna do some graphics programming using Mesa 3D, so i got the packages from their website, extracted them (as instructed in their guide) and then i used the 'make' command to compile the library (also as instructed guide), the building starts, goes on for quite some time, but in the end it stops with the following error:

gcc -c -I../../../../include -I../../../../src/mesa -I../../../../src/mesa/main -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wdeclaration-after-statement -O3 -g -fPIC -m64 -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L -D_SVID_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPTHREADS -DUSE_XSHM -DHAVE_POSIX_MEMALIGN -DUSE_X86_64_ASM -I/usr/X11R6/include -std=c99 -ffast-math -fno-strict-aliasing osmesa.c -o osmesa.o
    /bin/sh ../../../../bin/mklib -o OSMesa -linker 'gcc' -ldflags '' \
    -major 7 -minor 6 -patch 0 \
    -install ../../../../lib64 \
    -id /usr/local/lib64/libOSMesa.7.dylib \
    -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -L../../../../lib64 -lGL osmesa.o
    mklib: Making Linux shared library: libOSMesa.so.7.6.0
    mklib: Installing libOSMesa.so.7.6.0 libOSMesa.so.7 libOSMesa.so in ../../../../lib64
    make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/khaled/Desktop/Mesa 3D/Mesa-7.6/src/mesa/drivers/osmesa'
    make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/khaled/Desktop/Mesa 3D/Mesa-7.6/src/mesa/drivers'
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/khaled/Desktop/Mesa 3D/Mesa-7.6/src/mesa'
    make[3]: Entering directory `/home/khaled/Desktop/Mesa 3D/Mesa-7.6/src/gallium'
    make[4]: Entering directory `/home/khaled/Desktop/Mesa 3D/Mesa-7.6/src/gallium/auxiliary'
    make[5]: Entering directory `/home/khaled/Desktop/Mesa 3D/Mesa-7.6/src/gallium/auxiliary/rbug'
    rm -f depend
    touch depend
    makedepend -fdepend -I. -I../../../../src/gallium/include -I../../../../src/gallium/auxiliary -I../../../../src/gallium/drivers -I/src/gallium/include -I/src/gallium/auxiliary -I/src/gallium/drivers rbug_connection.c rbug_core.c rbug_texture.c rbug_context.c rbug_shader.c rbug_demarshal.c 2> /dev/null
    make[5]: *** No rule to make target `depend', needed by `default'. Stop.
    make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/khaled/Desktop/Mesa 3D/Mesa-7.6/src/gallium/auxiliary/rbug'
    make[4]: *** [default] Error 1
    make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/khaled/Desktop/Mesa 3D/Mesa-7.6/src/gallium/auxiliary'
    make[3]: *** [default] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/khaled/Desktop/Mesa 3D/Mesa-7.6/src/gallium'
    make[2]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/khaled/Desktop/Mesa 3D/Mesa-7.6/src'
    make[1]: *** [default] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/khaled/Desktop/Mesa 3D/Mesa-7.6'

i tried 'make linux-x86', 'make linux-x86-64' (i have kubuntu 64-bit), 'make linux-dri-x86-64', and even 'make linux-x86-32'...but it always halts at the same point with the same error, any ideas about what to do?

ps. I'm a linux noob, so plz try to include as many details as u can

thanx

Re: trying to build Mesa 3D 7.6

The Ubuntu has in the repositories for the Jaunty > Ubuntu Packages Search >> You have searched for packages that names contain mesa in suite(s) jaunty, all sections, and all architectures. Found 23 matching packages..

The Kubuntu 9.10 will have the mesa 7.6 > You have searched for packages that names contain mesa in suite(s) karmic, all sections, and all architectures. Found 23 matching packages.

You could install the mesa packages through the package management > FAQ: Package Managers.

If you want to compile the mesa packages from the sources > FAQ: Installing from source.

Note that there is not guarantee that the compilation from the raw sources (from the mesa website) is possible without patching.

You could download and examine the Debianized Ubuntu mesa sources and check what is needed to compile.
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
    X