Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desktop names in taskbar -- how do I get them to show?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop names in taskbar -- how do I get them to show?

I just updated today from 8.04.1 to 9.04. In KDE 3.5 I was able to get my 6 desktop names to appear in the taskbar. They are IM, Internet, Work, Files, Misc, Media... not that it really matters. In KDE4 all I have are 6 little file folders. While the desktop names are there, they do not appear onscreen. I think I have clicked on every possible setting looking for this... and searched various forums. Does KDE4 have this feature?
    Linux User # 436826

Re: Desktop names in taskbar -- how do I get them to show?

At lest in Intrepid, running KDE 4.2.2, it's K Menu > System Settings > Desktop > Multiple Desktops
    Change the Desktop Names to what ever you like.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I have named the desktops, but they do not appear onscreen unless I hover over the folder. I have attached an image that shows the folders. I used to have boxes in kde 3.5 that had "IM" and "Internet" and "Work" etc as I had set them up, but I can't get these folders to do anything other than what is in the pictured attachment (which I hope has attached)
      Attached Files
      Linux User # 436826

Comment

In order to see the desktop names you've set, click on the Panel Cashew and and then click/hold on the Height adjustment to drag the vertical size of the Panel until the desktop names show. Just tired it. Works.

Comment

THANKS VERY MUCH!!!

Now I just have to figure out what scheme lets me see the titles best.

I really appreciate getting this fixed!

Kindest regards
          Linux User # 436826

Comment

You are more than welcome. Your question urged me to dig 'just a little further' in to my system, resulting in the 'discovery.' So, thank you as well.

Comment

Working...
            X