Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X crashed when I changed it to real Desktop, now works. AKKKKK!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X crashed when I changed it to real Desktop, now works. AKKKKK!!

>>I think it is more productive if you post the comment and the request for help separately. What is the problem exactly? Could you rephrase this, please? Is your issue with the Folder View widget? (the one that defaults to show the ~/Desktop folder)

From the previous posting, moved here by request:

"I have 3 remaining problems, but prefer to post only one at a time. When I try to change "Desktop" which is something else, to the Desktop folder, or to ~, it crashes X then restarts with the original non-Desktop, which means I must open Dolphin to access downloads, etc.

I think during my many hours of Googling, I encountered a place which said this was a problem which can be resolved by doing something to X configuration or changing drivers. At the time I didn't realize I had that problem, so I can't find it. Any ideas or links?"

#####
    AKKKKKKKKKKK!!! I went back, clicked appearances and set it up to show the Desktop folder so I could report better what happened [b[AND IT WORKED OKAY THIS TIME![/b]

Before every time I did that, the X crashed and came back at the original status.

I will have to wait and see if it keeps working.

At best, another problem solved itself. I will keep posted here what happens.

Re: X crashed when I changed it to real Desktop, now works. AKKKKK!!

Hi again!

Ah, it was that widget, then. Just a wild guess, but random plasma crashes are more often than not related to the Desktop effects (which are great, if and only if, they work in your hardware). Are they on or off for you? ( In my AMD/ATI PC, desktop effects are set to be on, but turn themselves off most of the time).

Comment

Working...
    X