X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compiz with Fusion Icon Clean Install

Hi,

I've been using Kubuntu 9.04 without any problems except for Compiz setup. I cannot get it to work properly no matter what I try.

Can someone tell me the proper way to install Compiz, emerald, and Fusion Icon after clean install? I have no problem setting everything up in Gnome (basically install CCSM and Fusion-Icon and that's it), but I can't get it in KDE.

Thanks

Re: Compiz with Fusion Icon Clean Install

install compiz as you normally would. (optionally add the package(s) compizconfig-backend-kconfig , compiz-kde)
    run the command
    compiz --enable (this should start compiz maybe no window borders) if your missing window borders run
    emerald --enable

if that starts compiz for you correctly you can make it default you can do so in system settings ->default applications
    look for window manager and select "compiz" not the custom script one.. then click apply (this should also start compiz for you if you have not manually started it yet,

if you want kwin back you need only run :
    kwin --replace

and to make default select it again in system settings->default applications->window manager, by selecting kwin and hitting apply.

if you have already tried these things , sorry you were a bit vauge in your post about what you had tried...
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Re: Compiz with Fusion Icon Clean Install

First, make sure you have GLX working. Open the Konsole and enter
      Code:
      glxgears
      If you don't see the gears, then you've got to deal with your graphics driver -- reinstall it or find a better one. If you see the gears, and the frame rate is 100 or better, then you should be able to install the compiz packages (you don't need the .dev packages) including CCSM, fusion-icon, and emerald.

Once they are installed, you should be able to open the Konsole and enter compiz --replace and have it run. If it runs, then run fusion-icon, and you can use that to switch window managers and decorators.

Comment

Working...
      X