Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netbeans 6.7 - Package Request Possible?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netbeans 6.7 - Package Request Possible?

Guys, Kubuntu JJ has netbeans 6.5 but 6.7 is out now.

In distros like mandriva or pclinuxos , we are able to request for a package.

i dont see that being done here ( aaah... pls dont flame me .......... )

I have also registered at the launchpad and emailed the owners of some PPA's there ( who have netbeans 6.5) to try to convince them to package 6.7 ...but.... no takes so far...

i dont know how to package....

well can we start a package request section on this forum here and get the devs innvolved?

Re: Netbeans 6.7 - Package Request Possible?

Ha, well, this will not be officially packaged, because of the general Ubuntu policy: release often, every six months, and in the meantime, only release bugfixes and security packages. Asking for this to be packaged in the regular Jaunty repos would be a waste, because it contradicts the packaging policies.

If someone can do it in a ppa, great, otherwise we'll have to wait.

In case it matters, I think the policy for packaging is very sane. People don't expect to see regressions on their newly installed distribution, and updating to newer versions carries the risk of exacty that, happening.

Cheers!

Comment

Re: Netbeans 6.7 - Package Request Possible?

Originally posted by lmilano
      Ha, well, this will not be officially packaged, because of the general Ubuntu policy: release often, every six months, and in the meantime, only release bugfixes and security packages. Asking for this to be packaged in the regular Jaunty repos would be a waste, because it contradicts the packaging policies.

If someone can do it in a ppa, great, otherwise we'll have to wait.

In case it matters, I think the policy for packaging is very sane. People don't expect to see regressions on their newly installed distribution, and updating to newer versions carries the risk of exacty that, happening.

Cheers!
      thanx for the info...now is there any guy here with a ppa i m sure his ppa will look better with netbeans 6.7 :P

Comment

Working...
      X