This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather Widget

I am trying to use the weather widget ....... when I click configure, select Environment Canada, and search for toronto. I get this error

The place 'Toronto' is not valid. The data source is not able to find this place.

Re: Weather Widget

I'm not sure which weather widget do you use, but some of them require an international code. For Toronto, Ontario it would be CAXX0504

Comment

I use the default LCD Weather Station that comes with kubuntu 9.04

I have no idea how to use that code.....

I tried using the bbc weather source and it worked. Perhaps they are not set up to use Environment canada.

Comment

I just checked LCD Weather Station with Environment Canada - it works, at least in KDE 4.3 RC2 (from Jaunty backports repositories).

Comment

> aseigo: weather info in plasma
          Wednesday, June 24, 2009

So over the last week two of the major weather information providers we use and rely on, Environment Canada and BBC UK Met, have changed the location of the XML weather information on their servers. This means that weather information has broken for people using Plasma widgets with them. We don't pay for the data, so we can't complain too much, but this is really poor behavior on their part in my opinion. Evidently we can't rely on online services maintaining any sort of day-to-day compatibility.

So how do we deal with this? Right now we have 4.3.0 coming out quite soon and it will have the new URL locations in it, and we'll backport those changes to 4.2 for KDE distributors to pick up...
          Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
          1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
          2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

I noticed that about two weeks ago the LCD Weather widget stopped reporting local weather (Temp, wind speed, direction etc.) about the same time as I installed Kubuntu 12.04. I tried re-creating the widget and still nothing.

One of my friends who is using the LCD Weather Widget on Kubuntu 11.10 called me to say that it also had stopped reporting. I tried several cities around the world and several sources (BBC, Environment Canada, wettercom etc and none of them seem to work.

The weather forcast for various cities does work but reports local condtions not available.

Has anyone else seen this and/or knows a way of fixing it?
            Volunteer OS Installer and Supporter for New Linux Users.
            So much to learn.... So little time!

Comment

Must have cross posted with Rog 131 so I already have an answer. I will have to Just wait a while.
              Volunteer OS Installer and Supporter for New Linux Users.
              So much to learn.... So little time!

Comment

Working...
              X