This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Apple Trailers?

Konqueror kmplayer plugin is in the repos under kmplayer-konq-plugins and it plays apple trailers using konqueror. I didn't find one for firefox.

Comment

You are right, it works in Kmplayer-plugin within Konqueror, sort to speak (I got choppy video, sometimes audio and not video, etc. - it could be because Firefox is also open, who knows). Thanks for the tip.

Update: I removed mplayer-plugin and now kmplayer-plugin is not running anymore in Konqueror? I don;t see it in Settings -> Plugins, not even if I scan for new plugins. What a mess, I give up ... again! LOL

Good thing I have working Flash, I always watch the trailers in youtube anyways ...

Comment

I got firefox 3.5 to play apple trailers Install gecko-mediaplayer. So I have both mplayer plugin and
        gecko-mediaplayer plugin. I do not know if you have to have both plugins but it works.

Comment

Originally posted by GilGib
          I got firefox 3.5 to play apple trailers Install gecko-mediaplayer. So I have both mplayer plugin and
          gecko-mediaplayer plugin. I do not know if you have to have both plugins but it works.
          That sounds promising! Thanks a lot for the update, I'll try tonight!

Comment

That was promising

It worked just dandy. I had to configure gecko-mediaplayer a bit (Video Output: Xv ; Audio Output: oss; Mixer: Master). After that it is showing the trailers very nicely.

Thanks so much for the tip!

Comment

Worked great!

Why did you have to configure those things?

Comment

Originally posted by lmilano
                Originally posted by GilGib
                I have Kmplayer plugin for konqueror which works. I have never used Kaffeine
                You mean it works with the apple trailers? Does it work with Mozilla? (I used to use kmplayer myself before switching to vlc, which is great standalone but so so as a browser plugin)
                I just looked at the IPhone video on the Apple website and it works fine using the Totem Browser Plugin 2.26.1

Comment

Working...
                X