This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music Skipping [SOLVED]

In Juk and Amarok, songs are being skipped during playback. I'm on Jaunty and this didn't happen with Intrepid or anything earlier. This happening to anybody else?
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Re: Music Skipping

not really! Did you look at System Settings - Multimedia and played with the possible audio devices? Are non KDE programs such as mplayer or vlc ok?

Comment

Everything looks okay in multimedia. I'm going to try and use pulseaudio to see if that works any better. And I have not encountered any problems with mplayer or vlc.

I've had my notebook for a while and this is the first time this has happened. It wasn't like this on the upgrade from Intrepid to Jaunty, but appeared on a fresh install.
      Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

Update: PulseAudio does work and the sound system reverts back to the HDA Intel (Analog) setting. I'm now testing out HDA Intel (Digital) to see what happens.

Also, I have xine and the various xine-plugins installed.

Comment

Are you using the Now Playing plasma applet? There is a known bug that causes it to skip tracks.

Comment

I am using the applet. When I get back to my computer I will try it out. Thanks!

Comment

Yep, that was the culprit alright. Thanks!

Comment

Re: Music Skipping [SOLVED]

That was great help Rob_H!

Comment

Re: Music Skipping [SOLVED]

I only knew because I was bitten by the exact same bug when I moved to Jaunty.

Comment

Working...
                  X