This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems with kopete and webcam

Hey guy's ive been running kubuntu 9.04 and it seems to work great, but my problem is with kopete. I can not get webcam to work. If u go into the device tab, the webcam shows up, clear as day out of the box, but i can't start a web cam chat. In the chat window thee isn't any buttons to send or receive webcam. Web cam works fine with any webcam program, but just no webcam chat. is there something i need to do to initialize the buttons Never had a problem with them not being here untill 9.04. Help guys.

Re: problems with kopete and webcam

I have exactly the same problems, seems pretty stupid but for the life of me I can't find any buttons to start/stop webcam. Can anyone help us? :P

Comment

Like you, my webcam shows me perfectly when I select it in the "Devices" settings.
      But, I don't use Kopete so I don't have any contacts with which to make contact and test the camera.

I didn't find any settings or notifications that would allow toggling the webcam, so I assume that those settings should appear on the frame of the image once a connection is made.

I prefer Skype, which works perfectly with Kubuntu 9.04.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem. Did you by chance find a solution in the meantime?

Comment

What happens when you open the "Settings" menu, then click on the "Video Devices" icon in the left panel? Does your webcam give you a picture then?

If not, use synaptic to download cheese. Then run it to see if Cheese gives you a picture. If it does then I suspect that kepote will start working for you. It seems that for some webcams the cheese application adds some needed libraries that make other webcam applications work.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Which version of KDE do each of you have? 4.3.2 or new 4.4?

Comment

Working...
            X