This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Package Installer Issue

I have been running Kubuntu 9.04 for about 4 days now and I am having some package manager issues. About 9 out of 10 times I open package manager and search for a package or attempt to install what I have found I get this error

"The backend took too much time to process the synchronous request - you need to fork!"

I think its an internet timeout error any hints or suggestions. I'm a linux novice so I dont quite know where to start but Ive been impressed enough so far that I deleted my windows partition as Linux seems to run better

Re: Package Installer Issue

I had the same problem a couple of times, and I read something about it on some forums (a bug report has been filed, btw).

In my cases, after the error message there were no packages to update, so I guess (I hope) everything was correctly completed. In other cases you may want to run it again and see if the problem persists.

Saverio

Comment

use the comand line and get adept it dosent seam to get the error as mutch as kpackegkit

Code:
      sudo apt-get install adept
      strangley the comand line utility apt-get dosent get this error ..... ......

thars also somthing caled synapt (not shure of the speling) that pepole seam to have good resalts with.

VINNY

EDDIT: ok hear's synaptic

Code:
      sudo apt-get install synaptic
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thanks a lot I will try that as soon as I get home. I am at work on the crackberry right now I will post my success or failure in a couple hours

Comment

Working...
        X