Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why does it have to be difficult?!??!??

Originally posted by hansdevr

In time, I'll learn.
    Indeed, you will! No one was born knowing about Linux (or Windows). Everyone starts a zero. As I told my physics students, "Everything is easy once you know how!"
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by fidesratioque
      I'm not ashamed to say I always use the package manager. I'm not a programmer, unfortunately: "art is long, life is short." Only so many things I can master before I die. Perhaps some day I'll have the chance to learn how to compile stuff, but even then I'd probably screw it up.
      I am 68 and the older I get the more I move toward simplicity. I am a programmer (for over 40 years) and I am not ashamed to say that I always use the package manager. It's SO much easier, more reliable, and safer. The folks behind Kubuntu are doing an EXCELLENT job on both Kubuntu and its supporting repositories. Kubuntu 9.04 running KDE4.2.3 is the BEST x86 desktop I have ever used since I bought my first personal computer in the Summer of 1978.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

getdeb.net is quite a good site for .deb files.

I switched to Kubuntu because I was fed up with Windows. Fed up with viruses destroying my PC, fed up with programs crashing on me whenever I forgot to save my work, fed up with paying lots of money for programs that did not perform...

Comment

I also like this site

http://www.howtoforge.com/howtos/linux/ubuntu

Originally posted by tomp01

getdeb.net is quite a good site for .deb files.

I switched to Kubuntu because I was fed up with Windows. Fed up with viruses destroying my PC, fed up with programs crashing on me whenever I forgot to save my work, fed up with paying lots of money for programs that did not perform...

Comment

Working...
          X