X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printer driver installation problem

Hi,

Would appreciate if anyone can help me to install Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C1110 printer driver for my Acer Aspire 4530 (amd64) computer.

For your info, the driver provided by Fuji Xerox at their website (http://www.fujixeroxprinters.com.au/...&category=5726) is an i386 rpm based.

1. I have tried to convert the .rpm file into a .deb file using alien, however I got this error message:

Package build failed. Here's the log:
    dh_testdir
    dh_testdir
    dh_testroot
    dh_clean -k -d
    dh_installdirs
    dh_installdocs
    dh_installchangelogs
    find . -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 -not -name debian -print0 | \
    xargs -0 -r -i cp -a {} debian/fxlinuxprint
    dh_compress
    dh_makeshlibs
    dh_installdeb
    dh_shlibdeps
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libm.so.6 could be avoided if "debian/fxlinuxprint/usr/lib/cups/filter/pdftopjlfx debian/fxlinuxprint/usr/lib/cups/filter/pstopdffx debian/fxlinuxprint/usr/lib/cups/filter/pdftopdffx" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
    dh_gencontrol
    dpkg-gencontrol: error: current host architecture 'amd64' does not appear in package's architecture list (i386)
    dh_gencontrol: command returned error code 65280
    make: *** [binary-arch] Error 1
    find: `fxlinuxprint-1.0.1': No such file or directory

2. Is there any way to correct the above error? I am thinking of converting it into a .deb file and force install it.

3. Any other way that I can install the printer driver?

Thanks and regards,
    Jalil

Re: Printer driver installation problem

Hi,

You can't install an i386 package on a laptop with a amd64 chip, you need to look around for a deb package for your laptops architecture (that's what the 'arch' stands for).

As a last resort try a similar printer driver or see if you can build from source code.

Comment

Have you tried turning your computer off. Plug in and turn on printer, then restart computer.

Open up your browser and go to http://localhost:631, that is the CUPS admin page and see if kubuntu has installed a driver automatically?

It is possible that there is no driver on linux for that printer especially for an amd64 based computer.

Sometimes you have to google around until you find someone that had the same problem and solved it.

Comment

Originally posted by davidlondon

Open up your browser and go to http://localhost:631, that is the CUPS admin page and see if kubuntu has installed a driver automatically?
        Wow, thanks for this tip - I didn't know it.

Suffice to say - I'm impressed (what a nice interface) and yes I know i could most of that stuff another way, but this is nice.

Comment

Working...
        X