This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

screen brightness never reaches maximum again after powerdevil alters it

Using kubuntu 9.04 on a Asus U3s I have a nice and bright display until powerdevil alters the brightness for the first time. Lets say it changes the profile or I manually use the slider of the desktop widget. Once the brightness is lower, even the full right position of that slider won't restore the maximum brightness, it will always stay darker as it was during bootup. This is really annoying, it seems like powerdevils max value is too small, can I change it myself?

Thanks alot, gletscher

(this is a cross post from my bug entry, since no one ever reads my bug reports anyway, I thought I might as well ask for help here :-) All my bug reports reaching back to dapper are still Status: New and Unconfirmed)

Re: screen brightness never reaches maximum again after powerdevil alters it

Hi,

were you able to solve that problem? I have a related one on a Lenovo T400. See here for a longer description:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=7492462

I would be happy if you could help me.

Thanks.

Comment

Re: screen brightness never reaches maximum again after powerdevil alters it

No I'm sorry, no ones responding or has any ideas other than using xbacklight, which doesn't work

Comment

Working...
      X