X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio converter wanted (avi to wav)

Hi,
    I searched the forum for a good audio converter and didn't found any answer.
    I need an application which could convert between various audio formats, especially from avi (movie) to wav (audio).
    Could you recommend something?

Thanks.
    Patenting software as bit pattern manipulation algorithms is absurd because you cannot patent mathematical algorithms.

Re: Audio converter wanted (avi to wav)

to do that you first will need to demux the video try using avidemux to save the audio from the video then you can use audacity to convert from what ever the avi has to a wav format.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Or use sox.
      sox -t avi my.avi my.wav
      will do it.

Comment

Originally posted by mando_hacker

sox -t avi my.avi my.wav
        will do it.

Wow -- very nice! Thanks, m_h!

Comment

The VLC is an excellent tool to convert between media types, both audio or video.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
            The VLC is an excellent tool to convert between media types, both audio or video.
            Wow, I didn't knew that vlc can convert between media types... Thanks.
            Patenting software as bit pattern manipulation algorithms is absurd because you cannot patent mathematical algorithms.

Comment

Originally posted by liviubero
              Originally posted by GreyGeek
              Wow, I didn't knew that vlc can convert between media types... Thanks.
              There are several ways. The easiest is to chose the "Convert and Save" sub option off the File menu. Experiment around with the various options, and with the "Custom" checkbox option. To save the output to a file select the "Play Locally" check box and the "File" checkbox, and then assign a /path/file/name or browse to the file you want to replace.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Hey, it works.
                I must play the whole avi in vlc, but it works.
                Thanks.

Using sox, avidemux and audacity is also a gut option, thank you for that.

Comment

Working...
                X