This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] Amarok finds "playlist encountered too many errors"

I know there are a number of forums which treat this problem, but none of them have a solution and none of them seem to be quite my case. So here it is...

Yesterday morning, Amarok 2 under JJ alpha 4 worked just fine. I made no mods to my system yesterday - I was occupied fixing up pictures.

This morning and since, Amarok refuses to play mp3 files. If I insist, it tells me "playlist encountered too many errors", whatever that may mean. It plays ogg files ok, but I have 8 of them compared to hundreds of mp3 files.

I installed Kaffeine and tried it. It resolutely refuses to "see" any mp3 files. I try to open a file and it is supposedly displaying all audio files, but it sees no mp3 files, even tho they are there.

Please don't suggest xmms, abraca or esperanza. I've tried them and they work but they totally lack the functionality of Amarok.

So, any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Re: Amarok finds "playlist encountered too many errors"

After plowing through a number of Google hits on "playlist encountered too many errors", I came across

libxine1-ffmpeg isn't installed right

at

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6519558

As recommended, I mv'd .~/.xine to ~/.xine.bak and started Amarok, which created a new .xine and now all works.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Re: Amarok finds "playlist encountered too many errors"

Originally posted by joneall
      After plowing through a number of Google hits on "playlist encountered too many errors", I came across

libxine1-ffmpeg isn't installed right

at

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6519558

As recommended, I mv'd .~/.xine to ~/.xine.bak and started Amarok, which created a new .xine and now all works.
      This worked for me today. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have missed Amarok heaps.
      I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

Working...
      X