This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Compiz problems?

I re-installed yesterday, using the latest 64-bit daily build. I was using Compiz, and everything worked fine. I played around and customized it a lot, with no problems.

Today, it won't start. At least, it won't start if I try to select it as the default window manager from System settings or if I try 'compiz --replace' from the command line:

Code:
    kde-window-decorator(18372) KWD::KDecorationPlugins::loadPlugin: kwin : path "/usr/lib/kde4/kwin3_oxygen.so" for "kwin3_oxygen"  
    ASSERT: "dynamic_cast< KDecorationBridgeUnstable* >( bridge )" in file /build/buildd/kdebase-workspace-4.2.0/kwin/lib/kdecoration.cpp,line 389
    Aborted (core dumped)
    Renaming ~/.compiz, ~/.emerald, and /etc/compizconfig did nothing to help the situation.

Starting compiz with sudo *does* allow it to start, albeit using the default theme.

Anyone know what could be the issue? I prefer Compiz for the moment because of the available decoration themes and ability to use the middle mouse button to activate the desktop cube (which supports backgrounds).

--EDIT:---------

I figured out the fix: rename or delete ~/.gconf/apps/compiz. Compiz was hating something about my settings. :\
    Specs:&nbsp; Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.
Working...
X