This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FEATURE REQUEST

OMG, plz make xterm a default package in kubuntu install.

Tonight after some updates to KDE 4.2-rc1 it completely broke kde and when someone chooses failisafe instead of kde4 it gives an error.

Thanks, keep up the good work
    Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description: Ubuntu Trusty Tahr (development branch)
    Release: 14.04
    Codename: trusty

Re: FEATURE REQUEST

try using ctrl-alt-f1 or similar to get to a terminal, ctrl-alt-f7 to get back to 'normal'

Comment

Nope that hasn't worked for me for about 6 weeks! ctl alt + f1, or f7 is pooched for me, but then so is KDE4 for me as well.

Cary
      The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 7859, registered Linux user 470405 Lenovo T510 Kubuntu Trusty 64bit, Intel Core i5-560M, 8 GB PC3-DDR3 SDRAM - 1067 MHz, NVIDIA NVS 3100m PCI Express, Wireless Centrino N 6300 My website http://www.qah.org.au

Comment

HI,

that's why ppl should have a second DM to when something gets broken.

Normally i install fvwm or xfce, but it was a recent instalation and i thought that xterm was instaled, but certaintly wasn't :P

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
        Description: Ubuntu Trusty Tahr (development branch)
        Release: 14.04
        Codename: trusty

Comment

Turns out that ctl + alt + backspace has been deactivated by the devs to get it back add this to your xorg.conf

Code:
          Section "ServerFlags"
              Option "DontZap" "no"
          EndSection
          Cary
          The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 7859, registered Linux user 470405 Lenovo T510 Kubuntu Trusty 64bit, Intel Core i5-560M, 8 GB PC3-DDR3 SDRAM - 1067 MHz, NVIDIA NVS 3100m PCI Express, Wireless Centrino N 6300 My website http://www.qah.org.au

Comment

Turns out that ctl + alt + backspace has been deactivated by the devs
            > Alpha-2 >> JauntyJackalope/TechnicalOverview
            Known Issues:
            Ctrl-Alt-Backspace is now disabled, to reduce issues experienced by users who accidentally trigger the key combo. Users who do want this function can enable it via the DontZap option in xorg.conf. A GUI tool to simplify setting xorg.conf options is under development and will be available in a later Alpha release.
            and more > Topic: Enable the ctrl-alt-backspace combination
            Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
            1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
            2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
            X