X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaunty works on PowerBook G4

Hi all,

I have Jaunty working perfectly (yes even wireless) on a 1GHz PowerBook G4.

So what are you waiting for?

I'm loving it!

Good job guys

wang

Re: Jaunty works on PowerBook G4

do you have a link for the ppc build so i can try it on my G3 B&W. ?

last version i used on that was 6.10
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Wow. I was thinking of getting a PS3 some time for my kids for gaming, and as a tv pc. But I heard there is still no flash version for PPC Linux? Is Gnash already there? WHat are you using? Anything else obviously missing? Skype?

Thanks for reporting!

Comment

from what i have heard your ps3 is not going to make the linux machine. (don't have a ps3 ne more to test it on either, sorry) might i recommed using the ps3's web browser to play your flash.

there might be a ppc build of the non-free flash plugin (but i am not sure i have not used ubuntu ppc in a few years)

Comment

Thanks! Let's see if Wang adds any more details. I googled for Ubuntu 9.04 PS3 and there is very little out there (let alone searching for Kubuntu)

Comment

i have read that ubuntu does work on it, but i would recommend you format the drive before you play any games on it, and i say this because the reason i didn't format mine was some game's save files the console would not allow me to backup so that i could format it with losing all my progress in the afffected games, also items you buy at the playstation store like rock band songs that i didn't want to download and install again, since it took forever the first time. i may get around to digging out the mac at some point the the next week or so but i have to find a monitor for it first before i could do any thing thats gonna take a while (such as installing ubuntu, since i put mac OS 10.4.11 back on it), for some reason my gf gets mad when i take her monitor for extended periods of time. if i do i for let you know about flash on ppc.

Comment

Great. I have Xubuntu 9.04 on my Tibook, and it basically works.

I would love to hear how you got power management (suspend, particularly) working?

Thanks,
              Jonathan

Comment

bowmanj,

what's missing in ppc? Do you have flash, vlc, the usual multimedia stuff? Skype?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X