Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9,04 compatible with Broadcom 4320 WIFI/WLAN card?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9,04 compatible with Broadcom 4320 WIFI/WLAN card?

Hi all:

I'm about to install 9,04 on an old COMPAQ notebook and I looked in the French and English forum to research if this version is compatible with the Broadcom 4320 WIFI/WLAN card.

Unfortuately I couldn't find any answer. So could someone confirm if the 4320 is indeed compatible?

Thanks! Can't wait to give Kubuntu a spin!

xavier

Re: 9,04 compatible with Broadcom 4320 WIFI/WLAN card?

Broadcom wireless has been giving all my Linux flavors indigestion. Windows didn't like it either.

As far as getting it to work? You can, I did. But the actual compatibility is making this look like a ducked-ape-and-chewing-gum operation. You can get it to work, and work well, but make any major changes, and you could lose stability and possibly have to start over again.

I don't like Broadcom at all; never have. The only reason I have one is because it's the only one I could afford at the time.
    If you think that by threatening me you can get me to do what you want... Well, that's where you're right. But - and I am only saying that because I care - there's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Taitano
      But the actual compatibility is making this look like a ducked-ape-and-chewing-gum operation.
      Is that better or worse than duct-tape-and-chewing-gum?

Comment

Yes.
        If you think that by threatening me you can get me to do what you want... Well, that's where you're right. But - and I am only saying that because I care - there's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing.

Comment

Working...
        X