This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offline install of network manager

Hello, I'm running kubuntu 9.04 and I found that the default kde network manager was crashing a lot so I decided to replace it with wicd (which I've had good experiences with in the past). I couldn't install wicd without first removing network manager so in kpackagekit I deselected network manager and the network manager plasma widget and selected wicd. When I hit apply, network manager was uninstalled but when kpackagekit tried to download dependancies for wicd it failed (no network connection... doh!).

Now I am trying to reinstall network manager, I went to software sources and third party software and added the my Kubuntu live CD. I tried again to install network manager but it failed again (no network again). So my question is how do I install from my live CD? Or better yet, how do I install Wicd offline? Thanks!

Re: Offline install of network manager

I solve same problem.My kde network manager was crushed.After that i find wicd all packages on the internet via .deb and i copy this files on my usb.Then i install it.Now i use wicd.However,Like you ı don't know how am i re-install kde network manager.
    <br />
    <br />

Comment

Re: Offline install of network manager

Originally posted by kubunturk
      I solve same problem.My kde network manager was crushed.After that i find wicd all packages on the internet via .deb and i copy this files on my usb.Then i install it.Now i use wicd.However,Like you ı don't know how am i re-install kde network manager.
      Thanks kubunturk! I wish I'd tried something so simple. I didn't think I could install wicd without installing a bunch of dependencies first but just using the deb file worked... wicd seems to work well, I don't really want knetwork manager back

Comment

Working...
      X