X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wifi card wont activated autometically :(

hello frineds,

i have one dell 1510 wifi (bcm4322) card installed in my studio 1535. the kernel restrickted and common module is installed. but my wifi card wont activated automatically after booting to kubuntu. i have to select kmenu > system > hardware drivers. then i activate the wifi card. but there is also a prob with this. not all the time its shows that the wifi card is deactivated, but shows "the card is activated but not is use". so i click the deactivate button to again activate the wifi card.

shouldnot the wifi card activate automatically after boot to kubuntu?
    plz help
    thx and best wishes.

Re: wifi card wont activated autometically

Have you tried installing b43-wadcutter?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
      Have you tried installing b43-wadcutter?
      i have b43-fwcutter installed.

Comment

While you watched it being installed did it show that it was going through the extraction of the firmware on your broadcom chip and then say it was creating a kernel module?
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
          While you watched it being installed did it show that it was going through the extraction of the firmware on your broadcom chip and then say it was creating a kernel module?
          i cant remember. i think i had installed it through kpackagekit. my main prob is that why its not activated automatically ? why i have to doit everytime after i login. and sometime its dont activate/de-activate. the hardware-drivers window just dont react even i pressed the buttons many times.

Comment

Working...
          X