X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireles network connection lost after suspend to RAM

Hi,

I've read through the networking forum and I haven't seen any posts with the same problem I've been having. I am running Kubuntu Jaunty with KDE 4.3. I've had to use wicd as I couldn't get a wireless connection through Network Manager. Anyway, my problem is this: I can get a wireless connection through wicd that connects automatically when I boot up. However, if the computer goes to sleep upon resume I've lost the network connection. If I open the wicd client it tells me that it's attempting to connect (usually stalled at 'obtaining ip address'). If I click 'cancel' and then 'connect' I can get back online however, this is frustrating. Also, programs I use that rely on an active internet connection fail to resume so this is a frustrating bug!

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Wireles network connection lost after suspend to RAM

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3104884.0

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3106118.0 - this is Karmic, not Jaunty, but may be helpful

There are other posts that may be helpful.

You can stop the computer from suspending. That may resolve the problem.

If you don't want to do that, why not reconnect manually?
    HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

Re: Wireles network connection lost after suspend to RAM

If you think about the typical reasons for hibernating/suspending a laptop, and the fact that it is "brain dead" while suspended, it seems that one should not assume that when the laptop is resumed, the same wireless AP will be present. It may well be resumed in a different country, if not city. So I don't know that there is a logical "fix" for this situation -- what would the alternative behavior be?

Comment

Working...
      X