X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPPOE Problems

Hi everybody...

I have seriously problems with Kubuntu pppoe connection. I did in terminar pppoeconf and follow the steps, but something its wrong because on the next reboot i cant connect to internet and i have to reconfigure my connection for solve this problem and navigate. The commands poff, and pon dsl-provider does not work.

Sorry for my bad english...

Some idea?

Re: PPPOE Problems

Why are you doing this on the command line? NetworkManager should handle that. Or you can also try wicd as an alternative. We used to need to do network config like 10 years ago, but these days are thankfully gone!

Comment

i got the same problem. in gnome i used the network manager. but here in KDE the network manager does not let me to setup dsl connection. the tab is locked in the network manager window.....

need help........

Comment

Network manager in Kubuntu Jaunty has serious problems as you can see by reading the network support posts.

Network manager in Ubuntu does work.

There are at least two solutions, remove or purge network manager and the applet, install wicd, run pppoeconf again and follow the instructions here: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3104329.0

Another option, don't worry about installing wicd, just use pppoeconf, then pon dsl-provider each time you want to connect.

Another option, install network manager gnome. I can't find the reference now. First option should work.
        HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

Working...
        X