This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KUBUNTU 9.04 and linksys wireless card

I just wanted to put my KUBUNTU system 9.04 on wireless and was sort of amazed at all the
    information about network cards available. I ended up buying a Linksys WMP54G card basically because Linksys would provide good customer service. Before I opened the card I called Linksys and asked abour KUBUNTU/LINUX support. The tech told me it wouldn't work. Not to be discouraged I plugged it into the PC slot and booted the 9.04 disk. It recognized the card and connected to my network without a hitch. BTW, it is Linksys version 4.1.
    I was amazed at how simple it was and how well it worked.

Re: KUBUNTU 9.04 and linksys wireless card

Nice for you! I had a similar good experience when I first tried my usb adapter Linksys WUSB54GC. I had it before switching to Linux and I expected troubles! But I was amazed to see the first connexion established in a few seconds. Since it has worked perfectly. I know some people are less lucky but, in my case, I had problem to make it work correctly with Windows XP.
    Configuration:<br />Kubuntu 9.04<br />Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 - Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R - 4x1024 Corsair DDR2-6400 - ATI Radeon HD4850

Comment

Working...
    X