This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How i set static ip Kubuntu Jaunty Kde 4.2

How can i set a static ip in kubuntu jaunty. If anyone know how can i set it with network manager plasmoid?

Re: How i set static ip Kubuntu Jaunty Kde 4.2

do your self a favor, and open konsole and enter:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install wicd
    this will install a different network manager, and get rid of the default one. wicd just works better. There are options in it for static IP's.

Be sure not to use KPackageKit to install wicd, use the command line...KPackageKit doesn't handle the install correctly.

mm0
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

I'll second that motion. Wicd is simply superb. And I wouldn't touch Kpackagekit with a 10 foot pole. Maybe someday, but not right now. Adept has taken a giant step backwards in functionality, too, in my (not so) humble opinion, but is works for the most part. The apt-get and dpkg processes work very well on the command line.
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

i have no problem with network manager and for package manager i use synaptic. I think is the best package manager ever..
        I remember in kde 3.5 you can set easy static ip in ksettitngs. Can i do the same in kde4?

Comment

you'll find here everything you need

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3104277.0

Comment

Working...
          X