Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atheros network card requires manual start (SOLVED)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atheros network card requires manual start (SOLVED)

I updated to JJ Alpha 5 onto my ancient Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop two days ago and, with a few exceptions, everything seems to be working well. I am having, however, an annoying problem with my Atheros wireless card. I have to "modprobe ath5K" in konsole everytime I reboot before the network manager can see the card. I know there is a simple fix for this, but its been a couple of years since I have had to configure my card manually I am a little reluctant to arbitrarily change things in /etc/modprobe. Any help would appreciated.

Re: Atheros network card requires manual start

put the module in your /etc/modules
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by toad
      put the module in your /etc/modules
      Thanks, toad. I ended up uncommenting ath5k and commenting blacklist ath5k n etc/modprobe.d/madwifi. I should have figured that out on my own!

Comment

Well done!

Could you mark this thread as SOLVED please? Info on how in my signature
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
        X