This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ath0 pings router admin but won't connect to internet

My Jaunty machine gave me a lot of trouble getting eth back up. Now that it's connecting, I need to get ath0 up (tired of running a 30' cable across the hall, on the floor). I can ping everything on the network but times for the admin (192.168.0.1) are erratic, and strength for the Netgear m/r is half what it is for the Westell (only used as a spare now as I am suspicious of its radio). But I can't connect through the Westell, either eth or ath, because a message says it must be encrypted. I have checked and rechecked the 26-digit WEP key (same one used on both routers). I suspect that the lower strength (according to wicd) may be causing it to time out on the internet but can't prove it. Other machines go to either router/modem without trouble but none is currently wireless. The other linux machine is on Hardy. The laptops are both windows (XP and 2000), only because I can't get TurboTax to run on Crossover. I'm about to forsake TT so I can get rid of Windows.

By the way, I have seldom been able to get any response from KNetworkmanager, hence the use of wicd, But I can't get wicd on the Intrepid box, but wireless is a law priority on that one because the modem has to sit by it because it's near the ethernet print server.
Working...
X