This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu (Live CD installation) found NOT genuine

I installed kubuntu through the live cd installation (I did the full installation, wiping out my windows xp). When I tried setting up a dial up connection, there was an error message preventing me from typing in my login and password for my account. Then all of a sudden, ANOTHER error message popped up saying that the kubuntu was found to be not genuine.
    Please help me solve this problem. Thank you.

My specs before reformatting are:
    windows xp professional edition
    192 or 198 MB of ram
    2.40-2.41 ghz

Re: Kubuntu (Live CD installation) found NOT genuine

IF your specs you cited are correct, there is no way you could have installed from the LiveCD. With less than 384Mb of RAM, you can't (your not supposed to be able to) run the LiveCD. For sure, you can't do an install.

We need better information.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

"Not Genuine"? That's a Windows "Genuine Advantage" message which thinks that your copy of "Windows" is a pirate copy. With that small amount of RAM the installation, if you did indeed try to do it, probably failed or resulted in an involuntary reboot.

With that small amount of RAM I'd suggest that you download the latest version of Xubuntu and use it, or the latest version of Puppy, which is designed for computers with low amounts of RAM or slow CPUs..
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

It did allow me to install kubuntu though. But during the installation, a message said that I needed at least 256mb for it to function properly. It said I had 253mb of ram but when I checked system properties, it says I had around 192 mb of ram. Also, why would it say my windows copy is not genuine if I already wiped it out? Kubuntu is the only operating system I have on my computer now. I can't access the internet since it won't let me set up a dial up connection so I'm unable to download Xubuntu. Any other suggestions to fix this?

Comment

I'd reboot the Kubuntu LiveCD and run option three, which checks the integrity of the LiveCD itself.
          If it passes then it will have you reboot. Do so, and then use it to reinstall Kubuntu.

Or, if you wish, you can PM me your snail mail address and I will mail you a CD with Xubuntu and one with Puppy 4.3.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X