This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing problem from Windows machine to Kubuntu 9.04 [Solved]

I recently upgraded to Kubuntu 9.04 from 8.04 and I cannot get the network sharing working properly. I have samba installed and testparm shows no errors.

When I view the network from Win7 or WinXP, they both show the Jaunty computer (EDP15) as one of the computers on the network, but when I try to access EDP15, it throws the error "the network path was not found" with an error code of 0x80070035.

If I try to map \\EDP15\tmp (one of my shares) from the Windows machines, I get the same error message.

At one point on Hardy, I had this working, but it's sure broken now that I'm on Jaunty.

One interesting point: I've defined my workgroup as "WORKGROUP" which is the default for Windows network groups. I have that defined in my smb.conf, but when I run testparm, it doesn't display that option; if I change the workgroup name to something else (such as 'EDP'), then testparm does display that setting. I'm guessing this is just some default in testparm to not display the default value, but wanted to include it just in case it was significant.

Thanks for any help you can provide...jon

Re: Sharing problem from Windows machine to Kubuntu 9.04 [Solved]

Found the problem... firestarter was not configured properly to allow access to the local LAN...jon

Comment

Re: Sharing problem from Windows machine to Kubuntu 9.04

Originally posted by JESii
      Found the problem... firestarter was not configured properly to allow access to the local LAN...jon
      Hey Jon,
      Good to know that the issue is now resolved,
      Could you mark this topic as [Solved] and lock it;
      that would be great !!

Thnx
      Jesus is Real &= GOD, unless you declare him an Integer.

Comment

Working...
      X