X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install Kubuntu 9.04 on tablet PC

Hi,

Not sure if this is a bug, but thought a post it first before submit bug report.

I am trying to install Kubuntu 9.04 from a CD to a Samsung Q1 ultra tablet. The Q1 ultra was original came with Vista, 2GB memories and 80GB hard drive. This unit has a built-in touch screen and mouse and keyboard is integrated on the unit. So there is no external mouse or keyboard connection.

When I first boot off the Kubuntu 9.04 from the CD, Kubuntu mini root boot and mouse and keyboard work correctly. I could select the install to hard drive option. Kubuntu searching my system and try and hardware to configure on initial install. Now, it takes me to the 1of6 screen, the first being the language which was default to English and at this screen I lost my keyboard and mouse interface. Remember keyboard and mouse built-in to the system.

Question: why would it see my input interface devices at the CD boot level and after Kubuntu read my system and search for hardware to configure, the input I/O stop working? Is this a bug?

Question: how well does Kubuntu support touch screen, anyone know? Assume if I get past the challenge above, what other get-apt install must I have to get the touch screen to work?

Thanks in advance.....
Working...
X