X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct install or not?

Hello,

I received this machine from my son here awhile back and installed the Jaunty Jackalope Kubuntu 9.04 on it. Now I have been getting some blocked updates in the update manager. I thought I used the correct install for this machine as it said if had AMD X64 processor use one install if i386 processor use the other one. Accept if it is the older AMD of another type then use the same as the install used for the i386.

Now my question is this with the processor I have; an AMD Athlon XP 1833MHz (11x167) 2500+ according to EVEREST or AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+ running at 1836.208 according to Kubuntu, what install should I have used? Did I use the correct one as I used the one for the i386?

Now everything seems to be running fine, all accept for the CDrom not ejecting, when using the eject button, when a CD or DVD is in it, and having to go into computer, right click on drive and use software to eject. And those updates it keeps blocking 4 of them and my playback feature as per auto play of audio CDs upon entry, if applicable. Will post these problems elsewhere though, just threw them in here as thought might be part of an improper install, don't think so but just in case.

Would appreciate all of the insight as to this situation anyone can provide. As for this here Kubuntu OS itself, AWESOME!

Thank you all!
    Honor Yourself with Truth and Fairness! Your Word is Your Bond! Give Your Word Power by Adhering to it!

Re: Correct install or not?

Hi

It seems like this processor is 32 bit, so you used the right kubuntu. To make sure, feel free to show us the contents of this "file":

/proc/cpuinfo

Besides that, did you really install Jaunty? Karmic (9.10) is out there and provides several important fixes, including the "blocked updates" (or so I hope, but in general the software manager works a lot, lot better in Karmic)

Comment

Working...
    X