Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USB startup disc creator doesn't work in Kubuntu?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB startup disc creator doesn't work in Kubuntu?

Does anybody else seem to have this problem?

I have never been able to get unetbootin to work correctly for creating an ISO on a thumb drive, and I have always used USB startup creator in gnome to create my ISO image when a new version of Ubuntu/kubuntu drops... I recently switched both of my machines (nettop and laptop) over to kubuntu and installed USB startup creator to be able to get ready for the Karmic realease, but in Kubuntu it doesn't seem to want to run for some reason?? Is there a work-around that I am missing in KDE?

Re: USB startup disc creator doesn't work in Kubuntu?

usb-creator should work OK.

Build a LIVE Kubuntu Flash Drive
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...089474.new#new
    with persistence
    Reply #1: usb-creator program

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Hi,

usb-creator works just fine here in Jaunty, it is installed from the official repo I think.

Comment

I have never been able to get unetbootin to work correctly
        Unetbootin works for Kubuntu Jaunty without problem and it is extremely easy to use it. It can be installed from repository. There is a Windows version too.
        Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

I second that. In fact, Unetbootin works great with the net-install mini-iso, whereas usb-creator fails (stating that the iso is not a regular install cd).

Comment

Working...
          X