This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreadful "No Resume Image"

Kubuntu loads and it ultimately shows kinit: No resume image, doing normal boot... After that I am taken to a textual interface. I can't go to Kubuntu as GUI. It's possible to login and manage folders, read text files and the like, but it is all a Command Line Interface. How may I change this? I've tried the options of Kubuntu Recovery (xfix, repair broken packages), startx (which just says "Xsession failed: unable to start" or something).

Thanks for any help that can be provided.
    The cyber-world is a whole different world indeed.

Re: Dreadful "No Resume Image"

The kinit message can be ignored unless you're resuming from hibernate - that's exactly the way it should work.

First place to look should probably be your X log - /var/log/Xorg.0.log
    we see things not as they are, but as we are.
    -- anais nin

Comment

Re: Dreadful "No Resume Image"

This happens the moment the computer goes to Linux. It says the message and quickly takes me to the command line interface. I can't go back. If I can ignore it to go back to the visual linux... then... how? I went to Xlog and everything seems fine (except a message that says no layout section. using the first screen section, and later on the directory /usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic. But I don't think it's that important.). Kubuntu recovery just doesn't seem to fix it. Again: Thank you for any help provided
      The cyber-world is a whole different world indeed.

Comment

Working...
      X